Home Coolsan AU
- ChillSafe features in Cold Storage & Transport magazine5 February, 2016
- Coolsan sanitation sachet, ChillSafe® wins national prize3 December, 2015
- Highly Commended – Lloyd’s List Australia24 November, 2015
- Award Finalist – Rightship Safe Transport Award 20155 November, 2015
- ChillSafe wins at Food Magazine Awards 201511 August, 2015
Food waste facts
It is estimated that the total gross value of the Australian agricultural food chain is around $172 billion per year. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.
Unfortunately up to 40% of food and beverages produced in Australia are either lost during the production and manufacturing process, or wasted by Australian families. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.
In Australia 3.1 million tonnes of edible food is discarded from commercial and industrial sources, costing around $10.5 billion in waste disposal charges and lost product per annum. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.
Up to 60% of food waste is potentially avoidable, and could be used to feed the 870 million people that go hungry every day. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.
Globally decomposing food waste creates 3.3 billion tonnes of greenhouse gases from rotting landfill, making food wastage the third top emitter of greenhouse gas emissions after the USA and China. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.
To nourish an additional 2.4 billion people by 2050 it is easier to reduce and transform waste than it is to continually increase agricultural productivity. Source: Love Food Hate Waste.